Dr Dame Daphne Sheldrick with three of our orphaned babies, Shimba, Lesanju and Lempaute
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust has been rescuing and rehabilitating orphan elephants and rhinos for the last 34 years, and you can help us by fostering one or more of the orphans in our care.
Our fostering programme is run entirely online, with all information sent via email. This approach allows us to update foster parents regularly, so that you are fully aware of our activities in Kenya and the health of all of our orphans. Our online fostering programme also ensures administration costs are kept to a minimum, which means more of your donation can be put towards the orphans’, where it is most needed.
As a foster parent, you will receive the following via email.
- A personalised fostering certificate, complete with profile of your orphan
- An interactive map indicating where your orphan was found and a description of the habitat and the plight of the elephants (or Rhinos) in that particular area
- A monthly summary highlighting events from the previous month together with a direct link to the ‘Keepers Diary’ for your elephant. In the diary you will be able to access the daily calendar entries and the monthly photos. These updates can be printed off to enable you to keep a journal highlighting the progress of your orphan
- Along with the update you will receive a collectable monthly watercolour by Angela Sheldrick
- Periodic reports and important news from Dame Dr Daphne Sheldrick
- And most importantly, as one of our foster parents, you are considered part of the DSWT team and we will be keeping in personal contact with you as an important member of our project
You may prefer to foster one of our orphans as a unique gift for a friend’s birthday, wedding, anniversary or just simply because! Gift fosterings provide all the attributes of our standard fostering, with the exception that you can choose to include a personal message with the gift, which will be received in the gift fosterer’s welcome email.
Foster one of our orphans today and give the gift of life.